Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 10:56:41 AM EDT
Are they legal? I hear they are and where can I get one?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#1]
ORF is considering a build. search under krink pistol
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're looking to buy one, I can't think of anyone that is building them right now.

If you're looking to build one...

As long as the front grip is not perpendicular to the barrel, it's legal.  If it has a pistol grip for the front grip it's classified as an AOW (Any Other Weapon) and falls under NFA restrictions.

Lots of discussion on a couple other boards about using AMD-65 kits to build a pistol.  A standard upper gas tube is easily converted to work on the shorter AMD gas system.  Just cut the standard tube to length and use a 3/8" socket extension to reflare the end of the tube.  You may need to use a round form and hammer to fine tune the shape, but it's an easy project.  The Rear Block is replaced with one that cannot accept a stock.  K-Var sells one that has a sling swivel mounted on it.

K-Var also sells a receiver/barrel stub from an AK-74.  The barrel is about 9.5" long, and is just about the limit if using regular handguards.  K-Var also sells a combo gas/sight block that will work with the barrel stub if you use a Krinkov gas tube.  You can use the Krink gas block, but if you use the Krink gas tube, you will have to use the Krink Handguard Retainer and lower handguard.  There isn't enough space to use a standard HG retainer if you use the short Krink gas tube and gas block.

Just make sure to use a virgin receiver when making a pistol.  This can be accomplished by having the FFL transfer agent log the receiver in as a pistol receiver.

Before you build, make sure there are no state laws with pistol restrictions where you live.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:48:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The AMDs are cool but I definitely want the krink. I have a couple of the kits (5.45&5.56). I want to build a SBR with one and a pistol with the other. Haven't decided to go with rivets or screws. Does anyone have one built yet? All advice greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 4:50:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Delete
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top