Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2004 5:38:54 PM EDT
I am new to building AK's, but I am doing my homework and a friend is helping. I was wondering however, if I use a receiver flat and everything works out fine, I understand that I cannot sell it because it is not serialized or registered. Can I serialize it and register it so that it can be sold through my FFL? Does this require a manufacturer's license?
HotGarbage
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not know the answer for sure but search the archives at...

www.1919a4.com

I am pretty sure that on that website I saw something to indicate that you can sell a homebuilt gun but you need to claime any income on your taxes...  Obviously this is a bigger concern with a 1919a4 or M2HB then an AK so that is why they asked...  

I know there is a FAQ or letter posted there somewhere!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:21:11 AM EDT
[#2]
What you will have to do is pay the federal excise tax and make sure the receiver is marked with your name, address and serial number.  Now the question remains will ATF let you do this?  Personally, I don't know as I have never heard of anyone doing it.  I don't think it is too off the mark for ATF to require that you become a manufacturor before they allow you to pay the excise.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:31:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top