Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2004 2:08:39 PM EDT
AMD65 kit on a OOW receiver, Kvar buttstock (hated the wire) and SAW pistolgrip. G2 fire control (which is very sweet), cheap verticle fore-grip and a "moses" (from falfiles) custom brake all on gun-kote.

Very nice cheek weld, fast on target and fun to shoot.  Ran about a hundred rounds without a problem:

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks very nice!  I might have to cave and build one of these soon...
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:46:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks nice.  Did you rivet or screw together?  Does not look like there is any gap between your selector lever and dust cover.  How'd you manage that?  Any chance for a close-up of the selector area?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:00:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks nice.  Did you rivet or screw together?  Does not look like there is any gap between your selector lever and dust cover.  How'd you manage that?  Any chance for a close-up of the selector area?

It's a screw together and I'll post a close-up pick after work today.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:24:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yep, there's a gap.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Both my AMD-65's are like that.  I don't know if  it's the cover or the selector hole layout.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Both my AMD-65's are like that.  I don't know if  it's the cover or the selector hole layout.

I'm definetly not worried about that space, OOW receivers get my vote.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldnt worry about the gap either, its a lot bigger when the gun isnt on safe.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I want to build an AK but I have the feeling Id mess it up.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top