Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/23/2004 6:12:16 AM EDT
I thought about ordering a new prebent reciever and a AMD 65 kit from tapco. Besides the barrel extention what else do I need to keep it legal?

Since this will be a "post-ban" I just have to make sure that It doesnt have 2 SAW features right? Also it is legal to "make" a non-working weapon in a working one right?
Link Posted: 6/23/2004 6:50:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2004 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Possible problem re the AMD65 if the AWB expires.  By the way I figure it, a functioning folding stock on a semi AMD65 (16.25" extended barrel) would make it less than 26" overall with the stock folded.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2004 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#3]
for NFA purposes the 26" minimum is measured with the stock in the open position.

halik
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#4]
You don't have to tack the stock. user a 5mmx 20 screw in place of the plunger and IF the ban sunsets you can remove the screw and replace spring & plunger, Just make sure you drill a hole in bottom of receiver so you can get it out
Link Posted: 6/27/2004 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]
actaully regular 10-32 screw will work....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the reply. Now that the ban is up I figure it should be much less of a headache to build one of these guns. Actually to build about any "assault" rifle.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The only thing that changes is you can have the folding stock...

You still need the perminant barrel extension and the 5 US parts, or 5 US parts and build it as a pistol (eg no stock with a  block-sling-mount installed in lieu of a stock...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't forget you have to permanently weld on that barrel extension. That means either a pro welding machine or using a MAPP torch and silver solder.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:42:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd double check the laws in your state. In michigan here, they figure the overall length with the stock folded. Maybe the same where you are. I have been trying to find out about the romanian folder for mine. It might just add the extra length you will need for states that fold and measure......
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top