Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2003 6:21:56 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I can buy a Steel Vented Upper Gas Tube for my post ban Bulgarian AK47 & AK74? Thanks!!

Mark
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Try:
www.sksman.com/
Under AK47 Parts

MakOK
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! I just checked it out and they do have one, however, it says it's for Chinese AKs. Might this part work on a Bulagrian AK, or do you know if there are significant differences between Chinese and Eastern Bloc AKs?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:27:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 4:01:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Whats the advantage to a vented gas tube?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:37:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks CampyBob. If I added that tension spring, do you think this tube would work? Its cost is $30 and I doubt it would be returnable, so I don't want to be throwing away that cash, though....
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 5:40:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey Sixgun: I don't know that there's much af a performance advantage at all, I just want it for the asthetics. Another forum member here has a photo of his decked-out AK posted and he has one on his AK and it looks really good. I've relied to his post asking where he bought the tube but haven't heard from him. Here's what I'm looking for (but this is the one for Chinese AKs):
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:53:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought you wre talking about actual holes in the gas tube? I did think you were looking for a cover type device.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top