Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2003 7:57:14 AM EDT
is there a difference between the china and euro trunions, as far as hole size and location. I used Dr. Stragelove's blueprint and was going to pick up a Mac barreled trunion now I read that they may be different between the two makers. I guess I should have waited to drill the trunion holes. Or am I still good.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Most Chineese truniuns are 19 mm and use a 6 mm barrel pin as opposed to 7 mm on the Euros. Euros are 22 mm(AK74) and 23 mm(most 7.62).

Mike
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 7:16:32 PM EDT
[#2]
but the rivet pattern and spacing is still the same between the two different trunions. "as they are laid out on the receiver"
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#3]
No, Euro and Chicom are different.  The rear rivet hole may almost be in the same place, down by the mag well, but the other two are definitely not the same.  The Euro pattern has two rivets parallel with the barrel, the Chicom uses one next to the barrel and one at the bottom of front of the trunion.  I have not seen your blueprint so I cannot say if you are good or not.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#4]
my blueprint has the two rivets at the top near the front side by side and the lower rivet as stated down by the mag. It's diffently a Euro blueprint then and I'll have to find Euro parts or part kit.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:33:57 AM EDT
[#5]
You will have a hell of a time finding a Chink kit anyway. Bulgarian, Romanian, Hungarian, these all have the hole pattern you are looking for. I wouldn't drill the holes until you have the trunion in hand, though. There are differences in the location of them. Not usually a lot, but enough to screw you up.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 3:18:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats centerfire that is selling them Mac kits without the trunion I beleive.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top