Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/28/2003 7:56:54 PM EDT
I have been plugging away on the hack job I received from the Boy Wonder AK smith, bridal wear tycoon and chicken farmer Gucci-goo. The Gooch pressed my Bulgarian 74 barrel into a saiga 7.62 reciever that retained its 7.62 trunnion. I have head spaced the '74 bulgarian bolt and just switched off the old dremel after making the following modifications so '74 mags would work.
1. Ground out the back of the mag well.
2. Ground the forward part of the re-enforcing rivet.
3. Ground out the underside of the trunnion where it contacts the magazine lips.

Now the representive sample of '74 mags I have on hand snick right in the mag well. But they wobble a lot. Anybody have any suggestions on how to slightly reduce the forward part of the mag well to cut down on the wobble ?

Guccanio I still have a gas block I need you to press on a 47 with your asshole while I hold the weapon !  
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 4:32:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:05:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes Campy side to side wobble. I have played around with putting some brass sheet stock between the lower edge of the rails and the bottom of the mag well cut out. That helps a little, but my biggest area of wobble is at the front of the magazine well right between the lower trunnion rivets. It seems to me that the 7.62 trunnion is wider in this area than a '74 trunnion.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
BTT - any suggestions ? I know I ain't the first to have this trouble.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top