Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/9/2003 12:02:35 PM EDT
Two days from Ohio by priority mail....now I just have to wait for my reciever.

After looking at the trunnion riviting I'm a little apprehensive about building it myself...but I'm currently cracking open Campybob's "screw" instructions and hopefully I wont find somthing I have to go running to my local 'smith to fix...

The parts kit came from Inter-Ord via an intermediary, and is in fantastic condition. The date stamp on my trunnion is 1972, but it looks like it was either unissued or refinished. It looks like I'm lacking a mainspring, but that'll be remedied soon enough at this weekend's funshow.

Hopefully my OOW reciever will get her post-haste so I can start with the production.

Link Posted: 7/9/2003 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
...what am I riviting? Your instructions were for a secrew assembily using button head socket head screws?

I was going to drill out the existing rivit stubs using a drill press and tap it for the screws that you listed in your krink instructions and do it that way.

Thankfully I'm NOT building a Krink, and all I have to worry about is that underfolder and getting a big big enough to fit in my drill press to do the hole in the back of the reciever....
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top