Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/18/2003 4:40:01 PM EDT
I was wondering what is a reasonable price for a bulgarian ak-47 parts kit with synthetic stock, and where can I find a good deal at? Thanks.

Link Posted: 5/18/2003 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#1]
www.joeken.com
www.k-varcorp.com

The 5.45 kits will be cheaper by about $200, but they'll both make nice kits(vs. 7.62).

take care,
Tec
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the info but I really want a 7.62x39 kit
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Unless you just have to have a Bulgarian kit, Global Trades has some cheap 7.62 x 39mm underfolder AKM kits from Poland.

$159 for standard kit
$179 for unfired kit

www.globaltrades.com

You don't have to build it as a underfolder, You can have the reciever built with a regular rear trunion, and add a nice synthetic stock.

Rear trunions:
www.k-varcorp.com/rearblock.html

Synthetic stocks: ( check out all 8 pages of stocks )
www.k-varcorp.com/stock.html

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:30:45 AM EDT
[#4]
MPI-K,GOOD MORNING! JUST ORDERED THE POLISH KIT FROM GLOBAL, I FORGOT TO ASK IF THE RECIEVER IS MILLED OR STAMPED? COULD YOU HELP ME HERE?
THANKS, RANDY
P.S. ALSO, WHERE CAN I GET AN 80% FINISHED RECIEVER FOR SAME KIT?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Sgtfreedom has bentmetal but why? A finished receiver is less $ and 10 hours faster.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:29:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I FORGOT TO ASK IF THE RECIEVER IS MILLED OR STAMPED?

The Polish Underfolder kits use stamped recievers. You need a stamped reciever for 7.62 x 39mm calibre.

Here is one place to find them:

www.ohioordnanceworks.com/parts/akm/akm.htm
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#7]
MPI-K  MANY THANKS FOR THE LINK, ALMOST WENT THROUGH "AUCTION ARMS" FOR THE IDENTICAL ITEM @ MORE MONEY! IS THERE A THREAD FOR THE POLISH VARIETY? I NOTICE MOST OTHER MAKES HAVE THEIR OWN HEADER. RANDY
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:18:53 AM EDT
[#8]
just get a 47 style receiver.
Not the 74 style.

You can also go with a hesse receiver from joeken.  It is around $45, but there is a wait since everything is on back order.

Use the hesse ONLY if you are gonna build a std stock gun.
The underfolder stock gun CAN NOT use a hesse.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 5:29:26 AM EDT
[#9]
DrugRunR, thanks for the tip, i purchased an ohio ordnance reciever yesterday. $59.99, but the ffl transfer was $50.00! they got ya commin' and goin'! the polish kit is the underfolder so i made the correct choice. if i decide to install a regular stock later-on, i'll just pick-up the trunion on ebay. randy

p.s. is there a link with instructions on assembly, with pictures?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 7:31:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
p.s. is there a link with instructions on assembly, with pictures?

You can check the ABC forum. There is a nice detailed build info, about half way done here.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#12]
DAMN!!! I avoid one of our local guys who charges $30 ,but he's kind of an ass anyways doesnt care for black rifles ,$15-20 is about the norm around here though
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:43:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Had I known the F. F. L. transfer would be so high, I would have made a different comment on the 80 percent receiver.
My apologies.

If you need a new trunnion for a fixed stock, the links at the top of the thread will take care of you.  You'll also probably need a new receiver should you go this route.

The assembly methods of independence arms are top-flight however they require 20 ton presses and riveting capacity.  If this is no hindrance, all's well.  However, if construction is to take place on the kitchen table there are other methods available.  The ability to swap out stocks and barrels (trunnions) is also impeded by rivit construction.

Let us know if you need further direction.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:43:09 AM EDT
[#14]
WinnR, many thanks for the tips! yes, this will probably will be attempted in the garage. i haven't a clue how to build this, but will go slowly, asking advice as i prod along. i don't care how long it takes <within reason!>, as long as it gets done right. i just checked the abc forum for a how-to link, but did not find it. all parts should be at my 20 by the weeks' end, then the fun begins! randy
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
WinnR, many thanks for the tips! yes, this will probably will be attempted in the garage. i haven't a clue how to build this, but will go slowly, asking advice as i prod along. i don't care how long it takes <within reason!>, as long as it gets done right. i just checked the abc forum for a how-to link, but did not find it. all parts should be at my 20 by the weeks' end, then the fun begins! randy

Sorry, the link for building is tacked at the top of this forum.

But here it is again: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=51&t=55358
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#16]
$50 transfer fee?
WTF is that?
You got a royal screwing.
I bought 6 Hesse receivers.
I paid , $45 each shipped from Joeken.
I paid my guy $25 for ALL 6 receivers transfered.
Normally he does $20 to $25 transfer fee.
But he will do up to 6 guns at once to a single person for $25.00

I bet you had your guy "buy" the receiver, then you paid him for it.
There is a local pawn shop here that will ream you a new one.  If you order from a wholesaler then he charges 30% of the purchase price, PLUS $25
So if you bought a gun for $100 from FAC, you would pay him $55 to transfer it.  So I don't mess with him.

Next time SHOP around.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#17]
DrugRunR, yes, i figure i got hosed, he's not the first dealer i asked, many get that much for any transfer, must be a NEW YORK thing. i purchased the reciever from ohio ordnance myself, then contacted the dealer. funny, originally i looked at auctionarms for an ffl transfer agent, he popped-up, the only one for my zip code. i've known the guy for maybe 20 years, but he doesn't do much business, high prices i guess. anyway, he says the paperwork is worth it, b s. of course i'll be shopping around in the future. randy
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:07:32 AM EDT
[#18]
the polish kit arriver the other day, quite pleased. it's a 1983 with all matching numbers, new bore, or hasen't been shot much. the compensator is kinda funny, cut in half sort of, and pressing the detent just above it causes it to rotate almost 360 degrees! never seen that before. anyway, it doesn't come off, at least i don't know how to. some of the dis-assembly seemed to be sloppy, drilled-out rivets left some oblong holes to contend with, no scratches, laminated upper handguard. all in all, very pleased with this purchase. counting the new reciever as 1, i ordered the remaining 5 "922r" parts from the same supplier, globalsales. i did this mainly so i'll have just one invoice to carry proving i comply with "big brother". for an extra $20.00 i could have gotten an un-fired kit, i figure there is no difference, mine has a like new, unfired bore, just beautiful, save your $20 for the 922r parts you'll need later! randy
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:18:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:33:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
just get a 47 style receiver.
Not the 74 style.

RPB has Ohio Ordnance stamped receivers for $50.  Russ had 3 of them at the Eastman show this weekend.  RPBUSA.com

They were 47s not 74s.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top