Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/24/2002 10:28:02 AM EDT
I got a mil-spec rear sight to replace the silver colored sight on my Krebs AK103K conversion.  It looks like it should fit easily.  However, Im not that familiar with AK assembly.  Any tips on how to get the old blade out easily with screwing anything up?  
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought thats what it would come down to, but wanted to make sure I wasnt missing the easy way to do it...appears there isnt one. Sounds like one of those beer and fix gun party deals.  I'll try it after Christmas LOL.  Thanks Campy....you da man.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Campy,
  Did I mention that being Italian and Dutch = Stuborn and Stupid?  I went ahead and did it anyway.  Used a Saf-T plastic 5.56mm/.223 round and the floor to depress the detent spring plate.  Popped the sight right out.  I used the pivot pin guides and snapped the new one right back in.  No puncture, but a nice rear blade slice.  Oh well, Im not gonna die, and its done.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#4]
If you got a drill press it is easy, mount rifle in vice, chuck up a drill rod and position it so it will contact  the leaf spring (with sight leaf up). With drill off  bring the drill down onto the spring to depress it, and remove sight. You are just useing the drill press as a Press. It works great, and no bandaids needed.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 10:03:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I got bit while removeing a rear site. Punture wound and a rear blade slice. Hurt like hell. WarDawg
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top