Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/12/2002 12:52:36 AM EDT
OK to get my parts count right I had to swap pistons in one of my AKs because I wanted to use a foregin stock (Romanian laminated on my 5.45).  Anyway, no problem finding the pin, getting it out and unscreing the old piston.  New one is from TAPCO, is stainless and IS the same exact length as the original Romy, so no problem there.

The new US piston though has no hole for the pin to hold it from rotating.  Do I really need to use a pin?  Can I use some loctite instead?  Obviously it's going to get hot in this area, so I figured I'd ask before going either route.

I'm not worried about drilling the hole, just would rather not do a step if I don't need to.

Ross
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 3:29:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top