Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/1/2002 5:14:51 PM EDT
I am able to purchase a Junkers 3 airrifle, complete with russian wood AK-74 stocks. Looks just like a early Russian AK-74. I was wondering if it is possible to convert the thing over into a 5.45mm semi. It has what looks like a semi receiver. I have read in some places that its not heat treated though. Anyways,Thanks for your help.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 3:40:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Are Junkers still imported? I havn't been able to find any for sale.. I want the furniture from it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2002 2:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I cant access assaultweb from work; says it has hate speech or something. From what I understand, I guess that rails have to be installed inside? Also it might not be heattreated. Is this the basic idea? I dont even know if they are still importable to the US, as I am a GI stationed in Germany and am ordering it straight from a dealer in Russia. Just wondering if its worth the bother to try. Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/5/2002 4:59:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info; Sounds like a pain. I have looked at the demilled AKs. All pics I have seen suggest that they are just de-activated. Here in Germany, the barrel and bolt are restricted. The rest of Europe seems the same way. The receiver doesnt seem to be. But, anything that looks like a military weapon is illegal. Doesnt matter what its made of. Could be carved from wood. But they still allow you to have all the parts. But on American bases, that doesnt apply. I bought myself a AMD-65 a couple years ago. The barrel, and bolt are welded over, but the receiver is intact. Makes a nice wall hanger. I am looking at collecting all the parts to make up a semi auto Russian AK-74 for when I return. With buying a de-milled AK-74 from Russia, I would have to replace the receiver, barrel, bolt, gas piston and fire control parts. But I would like to have a real Russian receiver. Thats why I looked at the Junkers. Maybe I will look at trying to buy a 5.45 Saiga from there. Thanks for your help.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top