Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/18/2002 9:33:33 PM EDT
There is all sorts of stuff out on how to build an AR and I am taking the plung soon on a project. What I wondered was are the AK's just as easy (per se) as an AR? Or is there more involved?
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 5:25:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with Campy, yet his is the "worst case scenario".  There are a few kits out there that are somewhat easier to build.  The K-Var demilled AK-74 kit for example.  It is an all matching #'s kit that has the barrel installed in the trunion and head spaced already.  If you go the "screw" method of construction, there are only a few steps; rivet removal, drilling and tapping the holes, fitting the mag well to 5.45 mags, and assembly.  If you get the Ohio Ordinance receiver you will not have to rework the ejector and the mags will fit the mag well.  My wife who can mess up a peanut butter sandwich is building hers next week and I think she will do fine. (with adult supervision)  
Link Posted: 10/19/2002 3:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top