Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2014 12:52:25 PM EDT
If I order NoDak's EZ receivers (pre-drilled holes), will there be any hole misalignment issue among different parts & origin countries?

or is it better to get receivers without pre-drilled holes?  Any experience on building with EZ receivers?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 1:32:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The trunnion rivet holes from one run to another are not the same even from the same country.
That is why I always get the receivers without rivet holes & drill my own to match the trunnions I'm working with.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Alright, thanks for the reply.

That's what I thought and then I was perplexed to see NoDak offering all pre-drilled receivers.

Link Posted: 1/18/2014 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#3]
For what its worth, I got a Nodak PSL receiver last year. No problem with hole alignment.
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I did a Bulgy 74 several weeks ago with a pre-drilled receiver and it worked fine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 5:40:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did a Bulgy 74 several weeks ago with a pre-drilled receiver and it worked fine.
View Quote

Bulgarian parts are pretty consistent so you have a better chance of them lining up. I tried two pre-drilled receivers for two Maadi kits and the holes were so off that I had to weld up the holes in the receivers and re-drill anyway.
Link Posted: 1/19/2014 9:23:49 PM EDT
[#6]

I've built from both, and I've managed to make both types work.

If you have a nice drill press and vice, get one without the holes drilled yet.

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 4:24:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought a Bulgy 74 kit with a Nodak predrilled receiver here a few months ago. I dropped it off at my builder, Beeville Armory, whom I trust to do things right. They called about a week later to inform me that only 4 holes actually lined up, three could be "egged" enough to work, and the rest had to be welded and redrilled. For the extra cost and frustration I would recommend that the home builder get an undrilled receiver and the proper tooling to locate the holes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 7:10:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I've done several and no issues what so ever with alignment.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#9]
There are enough small variations that IMO the undrilled one is better.  But the variations are not huge and usually covered by the rivet.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top