Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/19/2012 4:15:44 PM EDT
first off, I never have or will use any kits factory fire control parts.

but why did the importer pull the semi disconnectors out of them?

And why did the romy govt cut a bunch of rifles that have obviously only ever
been test-fired and then put into storage in mint condition?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I can answer for the demilling:

The Romanians went to 5.45x39, so the the 7.62x39 rifles went into long term storage (hench the cosmoline). After awhile I guess they figured that since they weren’t using them, they might as well sell them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can answer for the demilling:

The Romanians went to 5.45x39, so the the 7.62x39 rifles went into long term storage (hench the cosmoline). After awhile I guess they figured that since they weren’t using them, they might as well sell them.

why are prices going up on kits even though they dont have barrels?
and where can i buy a affordable kit without a barrel? im seeing 200-250$ for just the hardware sans barrel. AMD kits used to sell for 60$ with a cut barrel stub
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

why are prices going up on kits even though they dont have barrels?

Supply and demand.

and where can i buy a affordable kit without a barrel? im seeing 200-250$ for just the hardware sans barrel. AMD kits used to sell for 60$ with a cut barrel stub

See above.  Kits aren't as plentiful as they once were.  I remember getting Romanian G kits with barrel and full FCG for 89 bucks.  Hell, my Yugo M92 kit set me back a whopping 450 and my wife was PISSED about that....

Just the way it goes.  My building days are dwindling tremendously.  I have a couple Form 1's I'm waiting on for the krinks, and a '63 Romanian to build, but once those are done, that's probably it for me unless a stash of Maadi kits with the heiroglyph (not arabic writing, the HEIROGLYPH) on the rear sight are found, or full russian AKM kits flood the market.

I have a bunch of AR lowers i've been ignoring while I build ak's anyway; change it up a bit and focus on somethin else for a while.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top