Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2010 7:20:02 PM EDT
Long story short –– I slightly screwed up the TG on my Krink build (virgin TG –– had to drill the hole, it didn't go as well as planned, latch is slightly crooked, now I want another TG).

Is the milled trigger guard the same as the stamped trigger guard?

Specifically wondering if this: http://dpharms.com/ak47milledreceivertriggerguardused-p-1195.html

Is the same as this: http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=17021&cat=322&page=1

I have the correct latch and spring and pin for the Krink.

Had this kit forever, was hoping to finish the build and parkerize this weekend.  Looking to get a new trigger guard, willing to pay overnight to get it back saturday if necessary.

Thanks for any help and advice.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 8:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not uncommon for the latch to be crooked, several of my factory triggerguards are, and they work fine.

My advice is to bolt that thing on with some small screws and see if mags latch in good.
Link Posted: 4/16/2010 3:06:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Decided to JB weld it up and then redrill tomorrow.

Parkerizing won't color JB weld, but since I will duracoat over it anyway, it will be fine.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Answer to your question is the "stamped" and "milled" trigger guards are identical.  In fact I'm pretty certain that they are one and the same.  I doubt very much they actually mill the trigger guard and those on the market that are identified as milled I can only guess they are saying they will work with a milled receiver.  Having both (milled and stamped) I can say they are identical.  I also have some "virgen" trigger guards.  Funny thing about building an AK is you have a bunch of parts left over (from the parts replaced by the 922r parts).  For most of us, that equates to a percentage of a complete rifle and we feel inclined to buy the rest.  I have loads of parts left over and am trying to fight the urge to "finish" them.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Milled TG's usually refer to the mag catch. It is milled out of a piece of steel rather than a stamped piece. Very small difference
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Milled TG's usually refer to the mag catch. It is milled out of a piece of steel rather than a stamped piece. Very small difference

Yeah that looks like it's true from the several I have sitting here.  
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top