Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2010 4:14:33 AM EDT
Besides Rguns and Centerfire, who has RPK kits available. I spoke to Rguns and they said they were"virgin" kits, all new parts. From what I have read about Centerfire the kits are hit or miss with barrel condition from VG to poor. This would be my first build so looking for any feedback.
Are the Rguns kits for milled or stamped receiver, or can you build either way?
Thanks, Ken
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/2/2010 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Any RPK parts kit that includes the front trunion and rear block will be for a stamped receiver. The front trunion and rear block are not found in kits from milled receiver rifles.

What type of RPK parts kit are you looking for - RPK47 (7.62x39, usually of Romanian origin), RPK74 (5.45x39, usually of Bulgarian origin), or M72 (7.62x39,Yugo origin)?

Honestly I am new to building AK's but I would prefer a chrome lined bore. I did find, both Romanian (no barrel) and Yugo (non chrome lined barrel) kits. I think the Nodak receiver looks like my best choice for a receiver since the milled ones from ORF are rumored to have issues. Will the NDS-6 used for Yugo builds also work for a Romanian build? I think I would be best off with a Romanian kit and a new US barrel since I was unable to find any chrome lined barrels. If I could find a NY AWB compliant AES-10B or m72 I would just purchase a complete rifle but it looks like i will have to build one if I want one. None of the dealers I spoke to will ship to NY.
Thanks, Ken
Link Posted: 4/3/2010 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2010 4:19:35 AM EDT
[#4]
There are kits still out there...I was lucky in finding my  matching numbers greeat bore M72 kit.  I bought the NDS-9 and would use no other make for any of my builds.put a want to buy post up on a few of the sites..that's where I found this one.
here's a few pics to tease you  and yes I still have it!

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top