Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/25/2010 6:59:06 AM EDT
I used to see AK receivers for sale all the time at the Houston gun shows - No Dak, Elk River and others. For the past year or so I haven't seen one. Anyone else notice this in their areas?

Also, I know its probably easiest and cheapest to just order from NoDak, but are there any shops in the Houston area that stock receivers?

Link Posted: 1/25/2010 10:52:55 AM EDT
[#1]
T R Graham the Glocksmith's wife Stephanie used to work for Elk River - she was the one who had usually been selling Elk River receivers at Houston/Pasadena shows. Elk River has changed a few employees and moved locations - Stephanie is not with them anymore so I suppose that's why we don't see them available. You might look up Elk River (now off Hwy 290 in Houston) and see if they will sell one to you locally.

The only other vendor with QUALITY AK receivers at Houston shows is Benny at Military Gun Supply - they bought some Nodak receivers when Vector got in trouble. Benny hasn't had a Nodak in months. I sometimes work with Benny at his table in Houston. He didn't have any last Saturday.

You do see one dealer (I think his name is Ned) with $1000 PSLs and Vulcan AK receivers. No thanks.

I like my Elk River receiver (my first build was on a "blem" receiver purchased from Stephanie for $54.13 driveout) but I've chosen Nodak receivers for all builds since then.
Link Posted: 1/25/2010 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. I'd spoken with Stephanie about six months ago at a GRB show about the time Elk River was moving and they didn't have any inventory. I spoke with her Saturday, and she was no longer working for them. I'll have to give Benny a call and see if he expects to have any more in the future.
Link Posted: 1/26/2010 5:26:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if you want to go though this much work, but I just received a Marsh Hawk 80% receiver last night. I went that route because they are already bent...that's what I felt would be the most difficult to do when working with a flat.

I have done anything more than take it out of the box, but it looks very good so far, the cost is about the same as the last receiver (100%) I bought, but at least no FFL has to be used.

Here is a pic from their site:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/CaptnC/blank_us_rails_bolts-332x149.jpg
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 8:28:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I recently ordered one from No Dak. Just go to their website. Took about a week to arrive (to my FFL).
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top