BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2009 10:56:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 9:26:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in the same process, collecting parts for a 9mm build, got most of them.

The first person I seen do one was by a guy that goes by DouleTapMe (but I think it's spelled different), over on gunsnet.net there's a whole thread on it.
The SUOMI mags and drums are one of the best ways to go because of the low cost of them. For the mag well you can spend the time to make a SUOMI one fit of go to Lichtenberg's site and see if he has any more of the sheet metal ones, he also has a bolt insert for the 7.62 bolts.

As for the bolt, if you don't have the 74 bolt on hand (they are kind of expensive now) you might want to get his insert or make one, it's just like a piece of steel tube that's been turned to fit a 47 bolt and it get's welded in to size it down for the 9mm round.

There's a lot of info out there, it's just skattered in different places.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top