Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 10:37:52 PM EDT
What would be required to build a Tantal kit with a fixed stock? Would I just be better off just getting a Bulgarian kit?
I just cannot stand the wire sidefolders. Underfolders I tolerate, chunkier sidefolders I accept, but those things just bug me. I need some form of cheekweld.
So, what receiver would I need (assuming I'm using NDS), what extra parts would I need, and is it a dumb idea?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What would be required to build a Tantal kit with a fixed stock? Would I just be better off just getting a Bulgarian kit?
I just cannot stand the wire sidefolders. Underfolders I tolerate, chunkier sidefolders I accept, but those things just bug me. I need some form of cheekweld.
So, what receiver would I need (assuming I'm using NDS), what extra parts would I need, and is it a dumb idea?

No such thing as a dumb question, nor dumb idea. Some ideas are just better than others

Perhaps this could help you out
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:37:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The Tantal rear trunnion is, for all practical purposes, identical to a standard fixed-stock trunnion. Any standard AKM buttstock will drop right in (with minor fitting, as usual).

Also, you might not be aware, but the Tantal folding stock is approximately 1" shorter than the other (East German pattern) wire folders - all of which are the same length as a standard Warsaw butt, when unfolded.

-L
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help!
Any advice on whether I should go with a Tantal or Bulgarian kit for a fixed stock build?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#4]
The Tantal will give you the FLEXIBLITY to go EITHER Folder (factory) or Fixed (Warsaw, NATO or AR style adjustable) as you desire with nothing more than a screw driver and a few minutes to change back and forth as you desire.  

BIGGER_HAMMER
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top