Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2008 8:44:53 PM EDT
From what I understand one should not transfer a home-made rifle to anyone else.
How does this rule work when you have a trust and want to place the rifle in the trust?
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would you. Don't ask don't tell.

They can be transfered you just can't build them with the goal of the money being part of your income as a regular course of business.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 1:24:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

They can be transfered you just can't build them with the goal of the money being part of your income as a regular course of business.

So if you pass, they can be willed to someone and I am guessing you can loan them while you're alive as well.

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 1:41:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if you pass, they can be willed to someone and I am guessing you can loan them while you're alive as well.

Don't need a trust.

This is already legal for sporting purposes.

Link Posted: 11/22/2008 2:37:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I just sent one of my homebuilt rifles to Nebraska to an FFL so they could transfer it to my in-laws.

No kicked-in doors yet.
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Just as a reminder, people have God given rights; trusts, corporations, foundations, persons or any other fiction in law are granted their rights by the state and can have them revoked by the state.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top