User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/20/2008 4:52:25 AM EDT
Who has the best ones for a build?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:54:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Who has the best ones AVAILABLE for a build?

Fixed it.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:54:44 AM EDT
[#2]
True.  I ordered one from ColdSteel, but they are BOed.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 10:07:21 AM EDT
[#3]
ctry marshhawkarms.com these are nice blanks.   also watch sturmgewehr.com for a guy selling bent blanks with rails welded in.   good luck,
Link Posted: 11/23/2008 7:28:29 AM EDT
[#4]
check redhotgundeals.com...they don't say how much they are, but the rails are already welded in.
Link Posted: 11/24/2008 4:53:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
check redhotgundeals.com...they don't say how much they are, but the rails are already welded in.

I'd like to see their ATF approval letter before I bought one of those. I think those might be considered a little too complete for a non FFL item.  I'd hate to build on one of them and later have the alphabet boys come a knockin. Remember the Halo fiasco last year?

Link Posted: 12/7/2008 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Please fill me in on the Halo fiasco from last year.
Link Posted: 12/8/2008 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Halo spot faced the holes on his M1919 right side plates (RSP is the receiver according to ATF) His RSP was the same as what has been sold as an 80% RSP by several manufacturers for years. By adding the spot faced holes (just location marked, not drilled) The ATF decided it was too complete and classified it as a 100% receiver, even though it was still a long way from actually being one.

They grabbed Halo's receipts and started knocking on doors. They confiscated 3 complete 1919s for "evaluation". Last I heard, it was in limbo. No more have been confiscated, but AFAIK, the others had not been returned. This had the ATF's desired effect anyway, as Halo stopped making plates. All this is well documented at the M1919 forum
I don't know about you, but until I see an approval letter by the ATF on the "blanks" I would not go near them. I don't want any surprises at my front door, down the road.
Link Posted: 12/8/2008 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ctry marshhawkarms.com these are nice blanks.   also watch sturmgewehr.com for a guy selling bent blanks with rails welded in.   good luck,

+1 on marshhawk! nice guy and very helpful!
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
True.  I ordered one from ColdSteel, but they are BOed.

Got mine today, FWIW.  Looks very nice.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top