Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/11/2008 1:00:27 PM EDT
Okay I now have a 10/63 and 2 hardened AK receivers..where from here??? Has anyone put one together with the screw kits??  If not who can I send them to for help on the difficult parts, ie; riveting, etc??  I would like to do one with underfolder, and one with Russian type wood stock..What do you all think??? ...ElDee
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
i've done several screw builds, but i'm a nobody.  i just build and shoot.  got the screws from Todd at Marshhawkarms.com.  got the taps from various hardware stores.  buy extras.  the hard trunnion material wears them out fast.  chuck the taps in a drill press and clamp the trunnion to the work plate, hand turn the chuck and your holes will be tapped nice and straight.  once you get everything fitted and test fired, take it apart and degrease/strip/paint.  then re-assembly using jbweld on the screw threads and they won't loosen.  

Link Posted: 11/11/2008 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Everybody is somebody, you've gone farther than I have..That really sounds as if it can be handled quite easily..I have a drill press, and nice shop so I guess I'll order a couple sets of screws and have at it...Do the deed..Thanks, ElDee
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]
What size screws do you use?  I have read 10-32, but is that for everything, and what lengths?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 2:04:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure right now, I ordered a set off the internet, comes with tap but no drill so when it comes I'll reply again...sounds like the answer to AK builds..
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:18:45 AM EDT
[#5]
10-32 screws will work for all holes in a fixed stock rifle. It appears to me that they will work for the rear holes on the underfolder stock block. I haven't assembled an underfolder with screws so IDK if 10-32 screws will work in the forward holes in the stock block.

1/2" long screws will work on the fixed stock block. The shortest available will work in the trunnion holes at the magazine well. I had to shorten the screws for the other four holes.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top