Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/2/2008 11:43:26 AM EDT
I'm planning two buildings using Nodakspud receivers and the Romanian G kits. Two quick questions...

- If I purchased a receiver for use with a side folder, would that preclude me from using the Romanian G kit?
- And will using a Romanian kit require that I drill extra holes into a NodakSpud receiver? I'm looking at the NDS-1 and NDS-1KP.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 1:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
youd have to have a different rear trunnion, as the rear trunnion in the G kits is for a fixed stock.

im not sure exactly about the NDS recievers, but make sure you get one that does not have the rear trunnion holes drilled. holes for a sidefolder rear will not be the same.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#2]
BTW- you can get a sidefolder that will work with the G's rear trunnion, but id rather build it with a sidefolder.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
BTW- you can get a sidefolder that will work with the G's rear trunnion, but id rather build it with a sidefolder.

Thanks for the quick response. I was just planning on utilized the G's parts for the front end of the rifle and probably just purchase a new side-folding stock.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 1:35:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Go with the "after-market" sidefolder.  It is affordable, sturdy and does not require you find a sidefolder rear trunion.  If it were me I would go with the sidefolder rear trunion but that is because I have fixed stocks already.  Fixed stocks have all the options available from fixed, side to underfolder and even things like AR style collaspible stocks.  Underfolders and sidefolders do not have those options.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#5]
i like the AMD 65 side folder.

the crapco sidefolder for fixed stock trunnions is just that. looks cheap and feels cheap.
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i like the AMD 65 side folder.

the crapco sidefolder for fixed stock trunnions is just that. looks cheap and feels cheap.

I was referring to the Romanian and East German sidefolders that attach to fixed stock trunions (that is all I have used).
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the responses. It's good to hear that I can add a different stock than a standard fixed version. These will be my first couple of builds and it'll be nice to have some variety.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 9:46:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#9]
height=8
Quoted:
I'm planning two buildings using Nodakspud receivers and the Romanian G kits. Two quick questions...

- If I purchased a receiver for use with a side folder, would that preclude me from using the Romanian G kit?
- And will using a Romanian kit require that I drill extra holes into a NodakSpud receiver? I'm looking at the NDS-1 and NDS-1KP.

Thanks.

I've built both of the receivers you mentioned using  G kits.

The NDS-1, you will have to locate both front and rear trunnion rivet locations.
The NDS-1KP, you will need to do just the front trunnion rivets.

You will be able to use the East German side folding stock on the Romy G rear trunnion.

There are a couple of auctions on Gunbroker that have rivet location tools. I've used both and they are great tools.

Front Trunnion

Rear Trunnion
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

The Romanian parts kit is AKM pattern. Both the NDS-1 receiver and the NDS-1KP receiver are AKM pattern. The Romanian front trunion will install fine in either receiver, but the assembler will have to locate and drill the holes for the front trunion rivets.
Also, with the installation of the AKS-74 side folder stock on the NDS-1KP receiver, the front trunion will have to be modified to allow installation of the front latch parts.

Harlan
NoDak Spud LLC

the best way to mod is to grind a flat spot on the underside of the trunion BEFORE it is riveted in place.

you can drill the hole after it is reveted, but there is a little ledge there that must be ground down flat befor you rivet it in place, the ledge makes it imposible to get a drill bit started.

and drill the hole before installing your barrel... otherwise you could go to deep and fubar it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2008 2:50:51 PM EDT
[#11]
This is exactly that type of build,

nodakspud NDS-1kp with a  romy G and bulgy sidefolder.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top