Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/20/2008 3:37:49 PM EDT
I have a Polish underfolder I want to do something different with. Yeah, I know AK's are supposed to be black. I'm thinking Parkerize it and then Duracoat but not gloss black. I see Duracoat  has a color called Parker. Does anybody know if this is supposed to resemble Parkerizing in color?
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want it to look parked, why not just park it?

If you don't want to DIY, have it done pro. It's not that much.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Durability. Parking it is for corrosion prevention Duracoat is a very tough finish, otherwise I'll get it polished and blued.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]
their parker is more like a very dark grey.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Want a picture of what it looks like on an AK send me an email.  I have 2 Romy rifles and 1 Romy pistol refinished using the Parkerize color of Duracoat.  I like it and will be using it on my Cetme build as soon as I can find/afford a 243 barrel for it.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top