Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2008 11:50:33 AM EDT
Im wanting to get into the full auto crowd and I was just tryin to find out if a regular receiver would work on the kit since it comes w/out one or do you have to modify or is there a place to get a full auto reciever or what?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Im wanting to get into the full auto crowd and I was just tryin to find out if a regular receiver would work on the kit since it comes w/out one or do you have to modify or is there a place to get a full auto reciever or what?

You cannot legally make your own machine gun unless you are a licensed manufacturer.

If you want a full auto AK you must purchase a registered, transferable, pre-1986 gun or receiver.  That will run you $10K+.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump that I always wanted a full auto gun but TOO MUCH $$$$$$$$ for me. I would not suggest doing it illegaly either the fine and time is pretty severe.

ANyway bump firing is just as fun and LEGAL!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Or find a friend who is a manufacturer and play with his toys.  Even then those are only allowed for the FFL who builds them, they can't sell them.  Bump fires are fun especially with an AK pistol.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump firing is fun, but it is no where near as fun as shooting a MG. Grab a "cheap" Mac and don't look back.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top