Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2007 12:14:34 PM EDT
Okay, so i've decided to do a rivet build after all. I was seriously thinking about a screw build, but have since thought twice. Though I think it's probably going to run me about the same amount either way ($40 for the front trunion rivet tool, or $45 plus shipping to send it to a guy from gunco.net to tap the front trunion for me).

so on with the questions:
1) If i'm doing an ace internal block, will I still have to do the rear trunion rivets? basically do i still have to install the rear trunion and then cut it?

2) the only "long rivet" is for the center spacer right? so how do i accomplish this one without spending $130-$220 on a jig?

I <think> that's all i've got atm, but i'm sure i'll ask more later

oh oh
3) does anyone sell a trigger guard jig that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 1:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
1) not sure on the ace
2) most rear trunnions need long rivets.  If you are crude, put the rivet through, support the head and wack it with a bfh.
3) no mysteries with the trigger guard jig.  It must support the head while you smash the other end.  mine was a DIY project.

SRM
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
1. Yes or visa versa.
2. Take a medium size bolt and place it in a vise or something and drill into the head a bit create a support for the rivet head (make another to make the head on the other side).  Then clamp it on the vise over the bolt rivet thingy and holding the other on the other side wack it with a hammer until the head forms.  This does not always work but I have made a few rivets heads this way when I could not wait to go to a build party.
3. Buy the jig used or buy it and sell it (you won't loose much if you decide to let it go).
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top