Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2007 3:17:37 AM EDT
i have a drag receiver (the one from centerfire with trunions) and need to know if i can use an ak FCG or do i need to get a different one. also what about the gas piston where can i get the US compliance gas piston?! the receiver is made in romania so am i screwed on my parts  i want to use the original furniture, NOW WHAT DO I DO?

ETA
this is what is stamped in the in front of the magwell on the bottom of the receiver

FPK DRAGUNOV
7.62X54R
MADE IN ROMANIA
TGI KNOX TN

Link Posted: 10/5/2007 4:56:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 5:54:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe it does not, because it has a butthole stock, AND nobody makes +10 mags
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:26:10 AM EDT
[#3]
First of all, it's not a Dragunov receiver.  It's something the Romanians came up with.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Right

Right

and Right

No 922r parts needed because of the 10 round mag thing.
Build it with what you got.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:26:12 AM EDT
[#5]
ok so i donot have to use the compliance parts? where can i find the 922r page so i can read it just to be on the safe side? also id like to use some US parts also just to be safe i dont wanna be a club fed member. can i use the standard ak fire control group in a dragunov?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
The PSLs are still coming in completly assembled and ready for sale, they are considered a sporting rifle so 922 doesn't apply at all but the ATF never tells you in writting what doesn't apply only what does.

The fact that complete rifles are importable answers your questions, check out the other site.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top