Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2021 11:46:44 AM EDT
Running a 9mm CMMG which uses an AR-style bolt.  The ejector spring is a life-limited item and I believe the crud that finds its way into the ejector channel is a contributor.  While I have an ejector removal tool I'd like to be able to soak the bolt after every range session in a solvent that might get some of that crud out.  Any suggestions?  I could put the bolt in a small container of solvent and immerse in my US cleaner if that might help.  I do have spares for springs and pins so disassembly is an option, but I'd prefer to avoid after each range session.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Soak in acetone?

Will probably make a huge mess to use brake cleaner.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a Brownells Carrier Key Brush (small diameter stainless) for those types of jobs, along with a strong cleaning solvent like Montana Extreme.  Once you squeeze them down for a smaller channel, they will not expand.  So you have to dedicate a brush to a specific task.

[EDIT]  These brushes are also very efficient at cleaning old Loctite out of small diameter thread bores, along with a stronger degreasing solvent.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Kroil
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kroil
View Quote

This is good stuff.

Also, try mineral spirits.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top