Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/17/2020 7:08:37 PM EDT
I'd like to seal up some AR bolt rebuild kits in baggies to last 25 years or more. Bolt, firing pin, cam pin, FP retainer etc.

I currently have them slathered in lithium grease but am wondering if there is a better option. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 7:19:34 PM EDT
[#1]
cosmoline, RIG, or the... what do you call them... vapor inhibiting chips?
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
cosmoline, RIG, or the... what do you call them... vapor inhibiting chips?
View Quote

VCI Paper, like the chips works good but not a long term solution (life just several years).
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

What I use. No idea about 25 yrs but it does one hell of a job protecting metals on the slow boats to China.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd like to seal up some AR bolt rebuild kits in baggies to last 25 years or more. Bolt, firing pin, cam pin, FP retainer etc.

I currently have them slathered in lithium grease but am wondering if there is a better option. Thoughts?
View Quote

Read MIL-STD-2073 - Standard Practice for Military Packaging . . .

Can't do better for long term storage.
Link Posted: 12/22/2020 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/416992/download_jpeg_jpg-1736097.JPG

What I use. No idea about 25 yrs but it does one hell of a job protecting metals on the slow boats to China.
View Quote

This is good stuff, we use it on fresh machined surfaces that will set awhile before assembly.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top