Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2020 3:05:38 PM EDT
Looking to upgrade the trigger on my Colt Sporter Pre-Ban and need the large pin (.169") SSA-E trigger that also fits the original sear block.

Not finding a large pin model in stock.  Anyone have a spare one sitting around or have a lead on one?

Thanks,

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a similar issue finding large pin things.  I picked the Elftmann and it is one sweet trigger.

I found it on Optics Planet.  With a sale and a discount code, it can be a pretty good deal.

I lave a large pin JP speed hammer/trigger/pins/springs leftover from that one if it interests you.  Just cover the shipping.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the quick response. Just to confirm, you installed this trigger with your sear block still in place?

My factory Colt trigger has a portion of the after trigger tail removed from one side in order to fit in the opening cut in the sear block.  Beside the large pin size, the trigger must also fit in the sear block.

If so, I'll place the order right away.

Thanks,

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry, no sear block to reference.  Cut it out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:04:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump to see if anyone else may have a SSA-E large pin trigger available.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I installed 2 in early 90's Sporters.  The Geiselle website used to state that sear blocks did not need to be removed.  It probably still does say that.

I cut the tops of my sear blocks off so that I could use a standard BCG.  There was no problem installing the Geiselle triggers and I don't see how there would have been a problem if I had not cut the tops off.

Sorry no spares.

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top