Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/13/2012 9:56:54 PM EDT
Anyone use case tumbler to clean the bolt? I was told you could do this for the bolt and the pins just NOT THE CARRIER......  Will this work or damage anything?
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 3:25:15 AM EDT
[#1]
It would take to long. and may be a real bitch to clean out all the stuck media inside the bolt.

Link Posted: 5/14/2012 5:36:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Besides the media getting stuck and taking a while, underneath the extractor and ejector won't get cleaned out. It's best to let the bolt sit in a cup of your favorite solvent. I can't see the bolt group being damaged, but it seems like a waste of time.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:06:35 AM EDT
[#3]
ok sounds good. I will try that then.

Seems like it doesn't get clean all that well when I just do it by hand and don't let it soak
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 7:29:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Seems like it doesn't get clean all that well when I just do it by hand and don't let it soak

You are probably trying to over clean it then. It doesn't need to be spotless, it actually doesn't even need to be clean as long as its lubed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Look into getting a cat M4, it will get your bolt as clean as it needs to be and wont overclean.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 10:29:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Cleaning a bolt is not that hard.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top