Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2011 8:53:37 AM EDT
Anyone have any feedback on Lucas Gun Oil.  I have read nothing but good things about it but Id like a little personal use feedback.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's the truth.

It really doesn't matter what you use. Just pick something and use it and use it regularly. Their is no special ingredient, their is no magic product. If it spins use oil if it slides use grease but really just use something.

I used Rem Oil for a long long time and it was fine. I now use Breakfree Clp for most lubing duties. On the AR and externals on most guns. I use TW25B on shotguns and AK and pistol rails. I found that if you use too much Clp it will simply run out. I got lazy a few weeks ago and slopped way too much Clp on my HD shotgun and have been wipping oil off if it for 2 weeks now.

Grease is good for long term storage as well.

Other wise pick an oil and just use it. Check your 'gun before shooting to see if it needs more.

Their are plenty of one trick ponies out there that do one thing really well and lots of CLP's that do some things pretty well but not all three.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:37:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps you'll get better feedback if you put the words "Lucas Gun Oil" in your title.  Just a suggestion.

See #8:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/492086_AR15_Discussions__FORUM_RULES.html
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:52:57 AM EDT
[#3]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_7/542334_How_a_Deployed_Soldier_cleans_and_Lubricates_his_M4.html

Here is how I do it....

I have never used Lucas....I tried SLiP 2000 and never looked back....
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:05:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Here's the truth.

It really doesn't matter what you use. Just pick something and use it and use it regularly. Their is no special ingredient, their is no magic product. If it spins use oil if it slides use grease but really just use something.

I used Rem Oil for a long long time and it was fine. I now use Breakfree Clp for most lubing duties. On the AR and externals on most guns. I use TW25B on shotguns and AK and pistol rails. I found that if you use too much Clp it will simply run out. I got lazy a few weeks ago and slopped way too much Clp on my HD shotgun and have been wipping oil off if it for 2 weeks now.

Grease is good for long term storage as well.

Other wise pick an oil and just use it. Check your 'gun before shooting to see if it needs more.

Their are plenty of one trick ponies out there that do one thing really well and lots of CLP's that do some things pretty well but not all three.

Thank you.  That was needed and needs to be a sticky posted.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 12:28:22 PM EDT
[#5]
The Lucas shit I have is red and stains everything it touches...FP or CLP
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top