Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2010 4:51:05 PM EDT
Anyone have these?  I looked at one at the local store and noticed the end piece on them are a male fitting.  I did not see any adaptors to use as in between to using the normal 8/32 cleaning adaptor pieces.  Is there some kind of special fittings that have to go on the end?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#1]
That's weird. My Tipton carbon fiber rods all have the female threads. I have never seen the male versions at Midway or Brownell's. Very good rods though, just finished using one tonight.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Gun Type   Caliber   Thread Type   Thread   Male/Female  

Rifle/Pistol  17 to 20  Commercial    5 x 40  Female
Rifle/Pistol  22 to 50  Commercial    8 x 32  Female
Rifle/Pistol  22 to 50  Military           8 x 36  Female
Shotgun     All          Commercial     5/16" x 27  Female

Sure it didn't have an adapter on it ?  

The table above shows all Tipton rods have female threads.  I know mine do

Brownells sells adapters

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:52:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I would imagine they would come with the adapter. I use Dewey rods and they have male fittings and each came with a set of adapters.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless they've changed recently, the Tipton rods don't include any adapters and are female thread.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:49:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Unless they've changed recently, the Tipton rods don't include any adapters and are female thread.

Mine both have female threads too.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top