Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/17/2010 11:09:23 AM EDT
Anything wrong with putting Rem Oil on a A2 stock? Ive heard of putting CLP on it to darken it up, but never rem oil.
Link Posted: 3/17/2010 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Should be nothing wrong with that.  I use Kiwi liquid black boot polish myself; dries nice and flat black and does not rub off.
Link Posted: 3/17/2010 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Besides an oil covered stock, none I can think of.  Last I checked Stocks do not rust.
Link Posted: 3/17/2010 6:06:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Besides an oil covered stock, none I can think of.  Last I checked Stocks do not rust.

Link Posted: 3/18/2010 6:21:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I thought the same when I first heard of this, but apparently people who don't like the natural gray color and prefer it to be a darker black have had good results covering the stock in CLP and wiping the excess off, they claim it's not oily at all.
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 7:33:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Oil should not hurt your stock, but a plastic stock does not require lubrication either.
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oil should not hurt your stock, but a plastic stock does not require lubrication either.

you obviously didn't read my post
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I'm just going to rattle can it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Whatever...paint is going to scratch off if you use it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2010 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want it black just lightly rub oil on it.  Seriously, do not paint it.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top