Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2009 10:20:18 AM EDT
Hello all,

I recently acquired my first AR15!!!!!! I am so excited. Anyway it is a brand new Bushmaster .223 cal.

I would like to know of any books, manuals etc that would be helpful for me to learn all about my new weapon. Any information will be much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Jason Hampton
*Nov 4, 2008 - worst day in American history
-Gun control isn't about guns... It's about control!
When seconds count...... Police are only minutes away.
Protect the second amendment!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/28/2009 10:36:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's a good, basic manual to get you started.

http://www.ar15.com/content/manuals/TM9-1005-319-23.pdf
And welcome to the board.

Link Posted: 7/29/2009 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster use to ship a complete booklet with each rifle.  Have you read that one yet?
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a link to the user manual:  http://www.ar15.com/content/manuals/TM9-1005-319-10.pdf

The -23 manual that was posted above is good if you are interested more in building and repairing ARs.  Both the -23 and -10 should be must-reads for every AR owner.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:08:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bushmaster use to ship a complete booklet with each rifle.  Have you read that one yet?

I bought this from a friend who built it for me - so I did not get a manual.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 8:10:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all y'alls assistance. I will read these and learn about my new weapon. Is there something you would also recommend for "field cleaning" and "complete cleaning".
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#6]
The -10 should cover everything you need to field clean and do PMCS on your rifle.  The -23 covers dis/reassembly of the FCG if you should choose to go that route for a detail cleaning.  Other than occasionally getting the crud out of the FCG after a few thousand rounds (blast it out with brake cleaner and re-lube does it for most folks), stick to the cleaning regimen described in the -10.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top