Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 9:04:43 AM EDT
I have the Colt 6920 with the side sling bracket/swivel.  I want to mount the EIZetta light mount, which would not work with the side swivel mount.  Once I remove the bracket, I would need to drive out that beveled pin holding in the swivel. It appears to be the same basic pin as used on my CAR-15 and 6:00 swivel holes. My question is that once I remove that swivel pin, can I re use that same pin to mount in the 6:00 swivel holes?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:13:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have the Colt 6920 with the side sling bracket/swivel.  I want to mount the EIZetta light mount, which would not work with the side swivel mount.  Once I remove the bracket, I would need to drive out that beveled pin holding in the swivel. It appears to be the same basic pin as used on my CAR-15 and 6:00 swivel holes. My question is that once I remove that swivel pin, can I re use that same pin to mount in the 6:00 swivel holes?

Typically the swivel is mounted with a rivet (see Quib's drawing).  While you could remove the sling swivel and mount with a new rivet, might be easiest to just get a couple rivets (extras are useful on bad days ;-) and a new sling swivel.

Now if your existing side mount uses a roll pin to hold the swing swivel on, then it may or may not be the correct length and size to fit the FSB lower mount, however, I never trusted a roll pin in this location and have see them come loose on clones (does let the rifle fall if in use at the time ;-(
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:28:03 AM EDT
[#3]
rivets are a one time use item.
roll pins i have used more than once.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for your answers and diagram. It is indeed the rivet I am referring too, and it does look like a one time part. The M4 and my old CAR-15 appear to use the same rivet size, but it looks like I will need some spares. I will wait until I have more to order, otherwise the darn shipping might cost more than the rivet.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top