Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2009 12:46:53 PM EDT
Is this product any good? Does it last or does it rub off?
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried it ands it rubbed right off again, Use their black touch-up pen instead.
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#2]
This product worked pretty good for me. Make sure you clean the scratched surface first with denatured alcohol and rinse with water, then dry and apply generously. Let is seat for a couple of hours and then buff it. Keep in mind that you can not use it as a filling agent. It is actually a really thin coat, but it made all scratches disappear, by darkening the aluminum, from one of my lowers that I had scratched while assembling..
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#3]
It works great if you prepare the metal correctly.

Just because your AR has a scratch doesn't mean it will take the black.

You have to clean off the oxide that forms almost immmediately before you apply the aluminum black.
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I tried it ands it rubbed right off again, Use their black touch-up pen instead.

I have used both... Aluminum Black actually chemicaly darkens the metal.  The touch up pens are just black paint and rub right off with any solvent.  So Id say my experience is exactly the opposite of yours.  Touch up pens = garbage.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Look at me doing a search. I was about to open a thread calling this the wonder liquid.  It is amazing.  made a slightly scratched lower look brand new.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Look at me doing a search. I was about to open a thread calling this the wonder liquid.  It is amazing.  made a slightly scratched lower look brand new.

+1, this stuff is a lifesaver, completely blacked out some shiny dings I had on a couple of rails and an upper
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top