Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/10/2006 9:20:10 PM EDT
This is actually regarding my new Kimber .45 but I would imagine cleaning theory should be the same, so....
Got a new .45 and decided to clean it to "aquaint myself with it" before I hit the range. Bought a Tetra Gun Care brass brush for ".40/.45" caliber, and a Tetra bore mop. The bore mop fits nice and snug through the barrel and cleans nicely, but the brass brush barely touches the sides. Like a "hot dog down a hallway" as the saying goes... Both of my cleaning brushes for my AR and my AK give some resistance through the barrel. Is this brush mis-labeled or am I perhaps doing something wrong?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Definitely doesn't sound right.  The brush should be a tight fit in the bore.

I honestly don't see how you could do it wrong.  Unless your gun is reall a .50
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:23:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd say your using a 40 cal brush in a 45 cal bore.  Only time I do that is when I have a 45 cal patch wrapped around the brush.

Your packadge ismisinforming you. 40 cal can not work in 45 cal.

ps you know there is a HANGUN section.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:19:40 AM EDT
[#3]
yeah, i know there's a handgun section, but it has ONE active question so I figured the odds of getting a quick response would be just a weee bit higher here....

anyway, I also thought it was odd that it claimed to be for .40 AND .45...
I'll look for a different brand brush with a little more specific caliber marking.

thanks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#4]
update:  Bought a Hoppes Brush Kit and it is the perfect size. I don't believe that I will be buying Tetra junk anymore.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:21:33 AM EDT
[#5]
tetra packadge I see reads for 40-41 and another brush 44-45 cal.  I think you bought the wrong brush size.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#6]
i just double checked the package and it does say ".44/.45" but it must be the .40 in the wrong packaging or something.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top