Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2006 10:25:01 AM EDT
I haven't had much trigger time this winter (I know, shame on me).  So, I was wondering, how often do you guys clen your firearms when they are sitting in the safe for a while.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:26:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I try for once a month. Nothing special, a quick CLP soaked patch down the bore and a quick wipe down/dusting with a paint brush.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I find that I need to relube the gun every couple - three weeks. Using Breakfree. Otherwise, when I break out the rifle at the range, it short strokes til I lube it up.  Since it's also my ready to go gun, it needs to be lubed.

As far as doing anything to the barrel, no, no real need.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:58:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell, never.

I hardly clean them when they are in use.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hell, never.

I hardly clean them when they are in use.  

+1

I find that I need to relube the gun every couple - three weeks. Using Breakfree. Otherwise, when I break out the rifle at the range, it short strokes til I lube it up.

I would find a different lube!!  Yet another reason why I don't use BreakFree...
Try FP-10 or Corrosion X.  You probably won't have this problem with them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I clean them every 6 months at least.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 5:56:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I clean them after a range session or hunting trip, but otherwise, maybe once a year.  In fact, you are reminding me that I am overdue on this job.  Actually, I only "clean" them to make sure that they have a layer of oil on them to prevent any corrosion.  They don't get dirty just sitting in the safe.  

dvo
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I check my weapons once a month when not in use.I relube as needed,especially the bores.But with Mil-comm TW25B and Firepower FP-10 I do not have any problems with the weapons getting dry much anymore.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#8]
EVERY 90 days here in South FL!

For my Grand Parents rifle/shotgun!  They dont get used much,I want to pass them on.

I clean after each use !

unless I only shot a few mags under 200rds for AR15
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top