Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/11/2006 8:22:57 AM EDT
After the range, I

-strip down the weapon and use............

-yada yada yada

-THEN when all is clean, I use......................for lubrication.

*Okay go!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 8:28:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I spray down with windex (if corrosive ammo used), then spray on brake cleaner to drive out the moisture from rinsing off the windex. Bore gets windex and a swab before alternating Butch's Bore Shine, bore brush and dry patches. I've used Butch's in my 6mm PPC benchrest guns, and like both its cleaning power and its lack of barrel corrosives.   The moving parts get a light spray of rem oil, and the bore gets a swab of rem oil followed by a dry patch.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 12:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]
After the range, I……..clear the weapon for transport home.

-strip down the weapon and use............

Field strip per the TM. Soak the bolt and carrier in a 50/50 mixture of Turpentine and Hoppes #9. Wash out the lower in the 50/50 solution. Set it aside to dry out. Wash out the upper in the 50/50 solution, clean the bore with Hoppes, lube with CLP.

-THEN when all is clean, I use......................Breakfree CLP for lubrication. Lube per the TM reassemble.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#3]
get home clean using dewy rod patches a dewy bronze brush and FP-10.

2 patches soaked with fp-10 let soak while I clean the CH and BC group with issue brush and a 40 cal bronze brush.

next run a brush down bore repeating a few times.

soak 2 patches w/ fp-10 push down bore, then dry patch till almost white. usally 4 patches.

repeat the soak and brush untill I feel the same restince down the rod as I dry patch using a jag.

oil for  rust prevent, go drink a doublebastard.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#4]
CLP by the book, then Mili-Tec. Not one problem at all since 1982 when my AR was finally completed.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:53:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Shooters choice solvent and bronze brushes on the barrel and bore. When the bore is clean spray gun with CLP, wipe and blow out crud. Set rifle aside, clean bolt, and magazines.

Lightly reoil using CLP. Put it together.

Have lunch
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top