Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2006 9:50:05 AM EDT
Mc Master carr has it by the gallon for $70 (enter part number 1172K87 on mcmastercarr.com ) or so and by the four ounce squeeze bottle for like $5.00. Are these good prices?

efxguy
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:09:46 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
...the gallon for $70 (enter part number 1172K87 on mcmastercarr.com ) or so and by the four ounce squeeze bottle for like $5.00. Are these good prices?

The gallon price is too high, check out natchez (out of stock at the moment though)
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...the gallon for $70 (enter part number 1172K87 on mcmastercarr.com ) or so and by the four ounce squeeze bottle for like $5.00. Are these good prices?

The gallon price is too high, check out natchez (out of stock at the moment though)

That is a more reasonable price. But I guess it is good to know that if I need a whole gallon of CLP at a moments notice, I'll know where to get it.

efxguy
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a more reasonable price. But I guess it is good to know that if I need a whole gallon of CLP at a moments notice, I'll know where to get it.

efxguy

I buy it by the 50 gallon drum and hook it to my shower. A CLP shower does great things for my dry skin and dandruff!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I've all but stopped using CLP since I tried TW25B...
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:51:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't like the TW25B grease -- it separates in the tube.  Tetra grease seems a lot better.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:47:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought the CLP 16 oz spray bottle. I'm still using the 4 oz aerosol can I bought almost 2 years ago. Find a 1 oz or so squeeze bottle and fill your CLP in there. This way, you can meter the usage more accurately to avoid wasting CLP.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:13:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't like the TW25B grease -- it separates in the tube.  Tetra grease seems a lot better.

All it takes to remix the TW25B is a few quick squeezes of the tube,or just shake it a few times.Tetra has the same issue of seperation with the PTFE component.Thats why Tetra says to knead the tube in the directions on the back of the tube.
Difference is that TW-25B's base oil that seperates out just a bit,and the gel looking base seperates in the Tetra.
Guess which one is easier to use and remix?
Been there,done that already.
The TW-25B is safer for finishes,other non metal components and has better corrosion protection than Tetra grease.
That said,I like the Tetra grease and think its a fine lube.Mil-comm is better IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#8]
I usually buy my CLP by the pint,when I can find a good deal I buy a gallon(FP-10).
I keep all my 4oz. bottles and just refill.Im still using Break Free 4oz. bottles from the late 1980's.I run through a pint of CLP in about every six months.
I have been using Mil-comm on the pistols exclusively,as well as a couple high use rifles for the last couple years,and it cut my CLP usage way back.I was using a pint of CLP every two to three months or so.I have a large collection and I shoot alot.So I use alot of Lube.
I do most of my lube shopping at Midway USA and Mid-south Shooters Supply.
www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:50:16 AM EDT
[#9]
good lord..by the gallon??  i use the small 8oz? bottles like crazy..Ive got some old ones my brother gave me and Im actually trying to use them up so i can get a new smaller bottle..i hate to just throw them away, so iv'e been lubing and relubing everything...

i still have 2 bottles left.. at my current rate of consumption..its gonna be like 4 more years before i go through them.. i see a gallon as being a lifetime supply...
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top