Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/6/2006 7:16:53 AM EDT
I was at the range breaking in my new Adco MK12 Mod 1 upper and the groups suddenly opened up to 5 MOA. I went to clean the bore and noticed the flash hider had come loose. I had tightened it on as best I could and the groups went back down again and the flash hider didn't loosen up again.

What is the proper way to tighten this flash hider on so it doesn't come loose again?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#1]
What type of washer are you using?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:59:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I actually can't tell you. This was a complete MK12 Mod 1 style upper I bought from Adco Firearms.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#3]
What color is the washer. Typ, crush washer = black, peel = sliver, Lockwasher has a angle cut in it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#4]
It is black.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Torque should be 15 to 20 pound-feet according to the Marine Corps Technical Manual using a peel washer.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:05:04 AM EDT
[#6]
get a new washer, a barrle vise, and adjustable wrench.

You need to clamp the barrle in a vise, using vise blocks or or soft material. remove old washer put new one on tighter the sob up then time the a2 w/ the barrel. If you whish you can also use red loctite, but it is not needed.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Call ADCO, if they built it, i'm sure they will be happy to fix the problem for you.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I put a PHANTOM Old School on my 14.5 LMT

it came with a Black Crush Washer!

I like to see someone crush it

Even the Crush washer on the A2 Bird cage wasnt crushed by LMT

Those are very Tuff
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#9]
dont use red loctite = PITA if you feel you need loctite use blue. grab a 3/4" wrench and tighten it down.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top