Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2006 10:41:40 AM EDT
I was just given a bottle of the stuff to try out. The person I got it from is a duck hunting mad man and also shoots tons of skeet on a regular basis. He claims the lucas doesn't cook off the shotgun after a round of skeet in August(Louisiana) and no matter how wet he gets the guns duck hunting has had no corrosion problems. this stuff almost has no smell  which I guess could be good.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up a bottle when I was in Hawaii at some gas station (of all places!).  I havent' gotten around to trying it out on my guns yet.  I have used Lucas products in my car and they seem to work fine.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:02:12 AM EDT
[#2]
If it works as good as the automotive products do it should be good to go.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:16:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been using it on my weapons for about a year now. Seems to be good stuff.  Father-in-law gave me it, as he had a case. So i guess he likes it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I was given a bottle about year ago.  I tried it on my 16" Bushy one time this past November.  Lots of problems feeding and ejecting.  The previous week I had no problems with CLP.  Same mags, same lot of ammo.  

I stripped it down, wiped off the Lucas and coated everything with the CLP.  Bushy ran like a champ.  I'm not sure what the deal was.  Maybe I under-lubed with the Lucas.  I've been using it on my H&K USP/.40 and my Remington 870 without a hitch for the last year.

I'll keep the Lucas around but I'll stick with the CLP for the Bushy.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:54:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been using it on hunting rifles and shotguns for about a year. It works fine for me and has no odor.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:52:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I"m addicted to their oil additive.  I've SEEN the stuff work.  It's nothing short of amazing.  If the gun oil works anything like that, you can count me in.

I'm interested to see what people have to say.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Lucas additives are craptastic for cars. I wouldn't bother trying the Lucas gun oils if it is anything like the oil additives. Lucas gear oil stabilizer foams up like the dickens and was shown to be a bad product at BITOG.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Lucas additives are craptastic for cars...

I actually heard they were craptacular.  If Lucas gun oil meets the quality standards of their engine oil additives, that's reason enough to stay away from that shite...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:43:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, it's just as crappy as opening up one of our road engines that had about 100.000 miles on it only to notice it had almost no visible wear using the Lucas oil stabilizer.

Gundraw
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:52:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yeah, it's just as crappy as opening up one of our road engines that had about 100.000 miles on it only to notice it had almost no visible wear using the Lucas oil stabilizer.

Gundraw

Your statement makes no point whatsoever. Changing the engine oil regularly will show no visible wear after 100,000 - 300,000 miles. Using synthetic engine oil is even better. I know of several people thathad their engines torn down at 200,000 miles after using nothing but Mobil 1 and changing it at 7000-9000 miles. The cross-hatching in the cylinder walls looked like they came out of the factory.

Your road engine with 100k miles w/ no "visible" wear was probably taken care of very well. This was not a direct result of using (insert name of favorite snake oil, woops I meant engine oil additive).

The Lucas Oil Stabilizer actually makes gear oil very easy to foam, which is a BAD thing, as shown on BITOG.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I was given a bottle recently and have only tried it some 1911's so far. Seems to work very well.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 11:50:24 PM EDT
[#12]
No offense, but I think it makes perfect sense.  I maintain all my equipment myself, and everything has been rebuilt (or re-ringed, honed etc.) at least once (I don't trade often). I've torn the top off everything I own, and only since I've started using oil stabilizer have I seen wear get cut down like that, especially on my older stuff.

I've never used their gear oil, but I like their oil stabilizer...

Gundraw
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:54:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
No offense, but I think it makes perfect sense.  I maintain all my equipment myself, and everything has been rebuilt (or re-ringed, honed etc.) at least once (I don't trade often). I've torn the top off everything I own, and only since I've started using oil stabilizer have I seen wear get cut down like that, especially on my older stuff.

I've never used their gear oil, but I like their oil stabilizer...

Gundraw

Their oil stabilizer is the stuff that accelerates foaming of the oil. It's a very poor additive if there was ever a good additive. Using Mobil 1 with regular 7500-10k mile OCIs for 200k-300k will result in a very clean top end as well. Heck, regular oil changes will result in a healthy motor at that mileage as well. Oil additives belong in the snake oil category.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top