Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 6:38:11 PM EDT
Has anyone ever seen one of these one piece gas rings? Do they even exist? I have never heard of one, but I had a customer ask for one today. Any help would be, well, helpful.

Jason
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 3 running on select fire M4's now and they seem to run well with no problems.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:10:10 AM EDT
[#3]
did not notice any difference between the one piece and the std. rings but i gues time will tell
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Do they make one for a .308 Panther?
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:27:30 AM EDT
[#5]
solution looking for a problem.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:28:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
solution looking for a problem.

+1
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]
You never have to worry about the gas ring gaps lining up.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Absolutely run them on all my guns.

Prevents you from misaligning the gas rings and the resultant function problems.

Cheap insurance.

Well worth, would definitely not classify as a solution for non-existent problem.

A very real problem and a very nice solution.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:24:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Prevents you from misaligning the gas rings and the resultant function problems.

Highly unlikely.  The fact that gas piston uppers work (which have no gas being fed into the bolt)  pretty much debunks this.   Gas rings are no more than bearing surfaces in piston uppers.

Thats not to say that the locking lugs won't wear faster due to the lack of forward "push" that the gas rings would normaly provide.  But that's another thread.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#10]
If the gaps in the 3 gas rings cause short stroking when aligned in a particular rifle, you've got a bigger problem that needs attention.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I've got one in my rifle, but it's one of those "just in case" things like a D-fender and anti-walk pins. I've never had a problem with standard rings, but if the one piece rings might help keep me from having a problem when I actually need it to work, it's worth the couple bucks.

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top