Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2006 6:45:17 PM EDT
Anyone ever tried using it? I use it for other things and it works very wells so figured what the hell might as well try it. It says it's effective from -40 F to 400 F. I cleaned one of my Bushmasters and sprayed the bolt,carrier and FCG with it to try it out. Everything feels smooth dry firing it and cycling it, but haven't had a chance to actually fire it while using it.

I know CLP is just fine, but I'm all about trying  new stuff or finding new things that work.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#1]
it is better than lard. IMHOP there is nothing wrong with using it as a lube.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
it dosen't last very long.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems to be too light duty for use in a firearm.  Great for preventing rust on the outside, and for lubing the buffer tube on a collapsible sotck though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:46:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I use it less and less all the time.  It seems to gum up and turn sticky when it sits on metal for a while.  For alot of things it probably doesn't matter but I've never tried it on a firearm.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:51:35 AM EDT
[#5]
It worked sorta, but as twonami said it didn't last long. I shot 5 magazines, then pulled the bolt carrier and it felt dry, the film had definitley worn off. The trigger group appeared to have some left, but I'm sure the disconnector and sear surfaces were dry. Oh well it was worth a shot. I did spray the buffer and spring, but didn't bother checking it due to what I had already found.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:38:46 AM EDT
[#6]
It does not last long as in it will evaporate after a few shots.
If you don't believe me, treat sections of the exposed barrel with different products. Fire off a mag quickly. See which section stays "wet". The PTFE and Silicone sprays all evaporated. BF CLP stayed put.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top