Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/9/2006 4:40:28 AM EDT
I just picked up a chamber brush.  I've had my AR for about 3 years and thought that I kept it pretty clean.  After reading about chamber brushes though, I started to wonder if I was needing to clean MY chamber.  What is the proper way to use this thing?  Do I use solvent?  Do i push it in and out of the chamber or do I stick it in and rotate (minds out of the gutter please)?

Any help on proper chamber cleaning technique woud be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:37:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I stick it in and rotate , USING CLP AS A LUBE.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:44:27 AM EDT
[#2]
these work really well Just soak it in CLP
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:00:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I wet the chamber brush put it on a cleaning rod section, and than put the rod section in a cordless drill. Gets it done in a few seconds.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:13:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
these work really well Just soak it in CLP

These look cool enough.  In fact I was willing to buy a package for $9.95.  Then they tried to hit me up with $5 shipping & handling?  NO THANKS!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quib
“Scouts-Out!”
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#7]
x2 on the drill.   just dont over do it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 10:31:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I never understood why they call them "chamber cleaning stars", they don't really touch the chamber do they??  Just the lug recess?

I don't have a GI rod or chamber brush.  I've always just used a patch holder with a patch and spun it around in the chamber, lug area.  I'm starting to wander if I should invest in a real brush for the job.  Does anyone make a cheamber brush in the standard 8-32 (??) thread?

Gundraw
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:14:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I never understood why they call them "chamber cleaning stars", they don't really touch the chamber do they??  Just the lug recess?

I don't have a GI rod or chamber brush.  I've always just used a patch holder with a patch and spun it around in the chamber, lug area.  I'm starting to wander if I should invest in a real brush for the job.  Does anyone make a cheamber brush in the standard 8-32 (??) thread?

Gundraw

I got an 8-32 threaded nylon chamber brush from Brownell's and an 8-32 threaded Dewey AR-15 chamber combo from MidwayUSA..  As a general rule, when you see "AR-15 Chamber Brush," it's 8-32.  If it says "M16 Chamber Brush," it's 8-36.  Some venders are not aware of the difference so check the description carefully to make sure.

MidwayUSA has the Dewey combos on sale this month for $10.99.  BTW, for some reason they list it under "Tools and Accessories" not "Chamber cleaning."  They have the stars too.

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top