Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/6/2006 10:04:24 AM EDT
I feel stupid for asking this, but I read the book and read this form.

Just got my RRA Entry Tactical last night and I was playing with it.  I used a round to pop out the back pin which did slide out, when I did this the upper and lower still arent coming apart.  I havent even got to the pivot pin.  I  am wondering because it is new maybe it will be hard the first few times. this is my first rifle ever and I dont wnat to break something, it took 7 weeks to get this
From what I can tell the pin is all the way out.

Anyone have any ideas?  I am planning on going to the range tomororw and want to be able to take it apart when I get back
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#1]
You probably just don't have it pushed all the way through.  I thought I had mine pushed through and didn't.  When it gets all the way clear the upper basically just falls open.  

Blaker
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#2]
The only time I've ever seen this is when stupid Privates put the rifle back together and forget to put the buffer spring back in, and then when they rack the bolt it gets stuck, and you can't open the rifle. Or when they leave the bolt locked back the same thing'll happen. Try removing both pins. it should make it a little easier.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:33:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I watched my son try to open his AR with the bolt locked back.  That was some funny shit.  Luckily I got to him before he broke out the BFH.  He has the "touch of a blacksmith" just like me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:36:51 AM EDT
[#4]
That is what I was expecting, I guess I will keep trying.. I just didnt want to break something pulling it out
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#5]
OK I got it apart.. it was just new and took a little convincing
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top