Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2005 11:12:23 PM EDT
I was spraying down my ChiCom SKS with degreaser and large amount shot up into my eye. For about 2 min i was in the worst pain humanly imaginable.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Use Mil-Comm's MC25 degreaser or SLIP 2000's 725 cleaner. You can probibly drink both and not get sick! Very safe to use and 100% notoxic.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:52:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Safety goggles are your friend use them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Break cleaner in the eye.

Goggles worn since.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Glasses good, chemicals bad. Most of my cleaning is done with M Pro7 or CLP, neither of which I want to drink. However they are less toxic than the witches brew that is brake/gun cleaner.

BTW, Contact lenses very bad. They can hold chemicals against your eye resulting in (temporary/lasting) blindness. BSW
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:19:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The lower outside edge of my left pinky (the meaty part) got clipped between the ejection port and barrel on my 1911. It took a little piece of flesh into the chamber. My 1911 and I are now blood brothers. Come of think of it, my 9mm 1911 put a nice long, deep slash on my right thumb when I was trying to get the slide out of the dovetail. I didn't even notice the cut until I was blood on the slide. Thank God for stainless steel. :)
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I've worn safety glasses and still gotten sprayed in the eyes. I guess I should wear them different!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Restoration/cleaning of a M1D with extensive documentation.

While fussing over being respectfull, caught the op rod spring with my teeth...lips.

Good thing I wasn't pretty before hand.

Lost the bottom 1/8th of the right front tooth, and bled like a stuck pig from the lips.

My Career as a Metrosexual GQ model, and darling of teeny boppers, has been ruined ever since!!!!

But I will admit that my habit of wearing safety glasses might have saved my trademark "Full of shit up to the sight glass" eyeballs.

Damn that hurt!!!

Do stupid things without thinking, and it's gonna get painfull.

S-28

P.S.
For the faithfull.
The op Rod was straight before and after the incident, and I didn't drop it.
The Rifle is doing fine, and in loving hands.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:04:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Carb Cleaner in the eyes whilst cleaning my M4A1's bolt carrier. Which of course was in the wash basin in our platoon area laundry room in the barracks. There might have been some incendents with "Simple Green" too.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:08:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Cleaning my 1911 in the shop and hands were extremely greasy ....was trying to put the barrel bushing  back in during reassembly. It slipped out of my fingers under full pressure and shot straight up into the double flouro lights above the workbench showering me with fragments of glass from both the broken tubes. Glass everywhere, I felt something on the top of my forearm near elbow and looked down and found a 3 inch piece of glasss embedded in my arm!. Bled like a stuck pig when I pulled it out....stood watching it bleed free for awhile (to flush the debris) then cleaned it up. Was one of those deals where I was almost contemplating the doc in the box. Thanks God from steri-strips (butterflys)
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I got too close spraying gun scrubber into a gun and got in my eye..

Ever since I've worn glasses while using areosol cans.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:55:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Break cleaner in the eye.

Goggles worn since.

+1
OUCH! ARGHHH!
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top