cleaning?
shooting?
repairing?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 1:00:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Repairing and cleaning.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:03:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I would cherck flea markets. I use an old vise that weighs more than me (240+). for all my vise needs. only costed my 35 bucks at the time and some brothers help to carry. Jaws should be at least 4inch long.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#4]
you can find cheap ones at the hardware store or tool clubs

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Most of our products are designed for maintenance and cleaning of your AR. They are a great tool and can be used anywhere. Give 'em a looksee!!

www.plastixplustx.com/ar15/ar15.html

Mike

Quoted:
Any good Gun Vise out there for ar-15s?

Scott

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Most of our products are designed for maintenance and cleaning of your AR. They are a great tool and can be used anywhere. Give 'em a looksee!!

www.plastixplustx.com/ar15/ar15.html

Mike

Quoted:
Any good Gun Vise out there for ar-15s?

Scott

I will definitly have to get that AR-15 Maintence stand from you.  Heading to the desert for 6 months but will order when I get back.  Good price too because my AR is still my favorite gun to shoot and will be going through barrels.  Thanks!

Scott
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Craftsman 8" Vise.

Machinists Vice pads from Brownells, and the local Machinists supply house.

And of course a couple of recycled old leather belts.

S-28

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:07:26 PM EDT
[#8]
If your looking for a good gun vise for the AR-15 or any firearm. Check out the CTK Precision P3 Ultimate Shooting Rest with optional gun vise attachment. This unit was built around the AR-15. I know because I build it. I will soon have a special page devoted to the AR-15 on the site. I started out building just gun vises but everyone wanted to shoot out them, so I design a rest that fit onto the main frame that you can shoot both pistols and rifles from. Now the gun vise is detachable from the frame so you can have a rest and a vise. Check it out at www.ctkprecision.com
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:15:48 AM EDT
[#9]
My brother raves about his CTK Precision rest/vice.  I just got mine yesterday so I haven't had a chance to use it yet but it's clearly a quality product.  Customer service was excellent as well.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:20:41 PM EDT
[#10]
3" inch, vise at HomeDepot.com 20 bucks. I dont have space, so this vise is a clamp on. Another 10 dollars for plastic/rubber vise protectors.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top